TCR Biology, Functional Assays, Cell Biology, Immunology, Oncology
Your new company
As a leader in the development of cutting-edge TCR immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer, our client boasts a truly exciting pipeline of new targets, with 3 owned next-generation T-cell products currently in clinical trials, and are undergoing a period of aggressive expansion to increase their capabilities.
They were honoured to recently receive a "Great Place to Work" certification, and it is this trust in the employee culture that enables them to face the biggest challenges in their fight against cancer!
Your new role
- As an integral member of the Preclinical Safety team, you will utilise your extensive experience of cell culture techniques to perform immunological assays (e.g. ELISAs, reporter assays) which will allow the characterisation and selection of safe, Next-Generation T-Cells for clinical use, ultimately making a meaningful difference to patients with cancer.
- You will work independently to design, conduct, and analyse experiments to investigate the safety profile of T-Cell therapies, primarily the molecular characterisation of their specificity, with the guidance from the Group Leader to ensure robust and meaningful data.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will hold a BSc in Life Sciences (additional post-graduate scientific experience or qualifications in immunology, immuno-oncology or cancer biology is highly advantageous), including relevant extensive experience of mammalian cell biology and laboratory procedures.
- You will have the ability to independently design experiments, with a deep understanding of cell biology, and follow protocols.
- Experience with a variety of cell and molecular biology techniques such as Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) or qPCR will be an advantage, alongside a general interest in automating data analysis which includes the use of programming tools like R.
What you'll get in return
Our client offers an attractive package of compensation and benefits, including:
- Annual bonus
- Private Medical and Dental Plan
- Pension Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- 25 Days Holiday
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
Other benefits include: Childcare Vouchers, Family Leave, Cycle-to-Work Scheme, First Time Buyers Scheme, and lots of opportunities for ongoing training and development!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.