Want to make a real difference? You couldn't be in better company.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Orthodontist, working within the West Country Dental Care team.
Reporting to the Clinical Director, this position will suit someone who is able to cope with the demands of the public for orthodontic services and the changes that occur as the company evolves.
Responsibilities will include working with the clinic nurse on a day-to-day basis, orthodontic treatment of referred patients thought suitable to receive treatment in primary care, and onward referral of appropriate patients to hospital services.
They are a committed and friendly team that puts our people and patients first. It's never been a more exciting time to join them in providing a valued dental service in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
The post holder's responsibilities will include:
- Orthodontic examination of patients referred by General Dental Practitioners from the locality served by the post holder
- Orthodontic treatment of referred patients thought suitable to receive treatment in primary care
- Onward referral of appropriate patients to hospital services or to other providers of orthodontic services
- Actively engaging with teams and participating in audit activities, planning and development sessions, and in-house meetings etc
- Being responsible for safe working and practice on a day-to-day basis in sites of clinical activity, ensuring compliance with clinical governance and legislation, appropriate health, safety and security procedures within the work area, and reporting accidents, incidents and near misses using the incident reporting procedure
- Participating in appropriate community dental and oral health promotion activities
- Undertaking other reasonable duties as requested by the Clinical Director and Management Team
- Working with the clinic nurse on a day-to-day basis
- Assessing and treating target numbers of patients
- Coping with ongoing organisational change
- Working with and commitment to the team under the direction of the Clinical Director
- Engaging with other members of the health community both in Cornwall and elsewhere
- Good communication skills with the public and colleagues
- Maintaining excellent clinical record keeping
- Maintaining and developing your clinical competency and continuing professional/personal development according to agreed training needs.
- Working alongside clinical and professional support colleagues in facilitating ongoing organisational change and development