As a Lead Dental Nurse with our clients modern, high tech specialist restorative practice, you will be an essential part of the team, helping to ensure that our patients are well cared for.
You will be responsible for the nursing team, and you will be expected to lead, develop and coach the nursing team to deliver excellent nursing support to the clinical teams in clinic.
You will also work closely with clinicians, carry out nursing duties and provide assistance throughout the patient journey.
Assisting the clinicians will encompass a wide range of activities from preparing and setting up the clinic, ensuring the various materials, appropriate instruments and equipment are available for each procedure, to cleaning and sterilising the used instruments.
Additional duties may include helping clinicians to record information about the patient's oral health, processing radiographs and stock control.
- Assist in implant procedures and other treatments related to caring for our patients
- Decontaminate specialised instruments and equipment, including accurate set-up of surgical trolleys
- Prepare patient oral hygiene packs
- Carry out periodic decontamination equipment testing and results recording
- Treatment room turnaround, including decontamination and preparation for the next patient
- Follow all dental ethical guidelines including all rules on confidentiality
- Assist in all clerical and administrative duties to support our clinicians and the patient journey in addition to tasks required by the Lead Nurse and Business Manager
- Attend practice annual training for medical emergencies, CPR and any other training necessary to maintain GDC registration & the needs of our business
- Perform other tasks in accordance with additional skills you have developed within the GDC Scope of Practice'
- Perform any other tasks that are reasonably requested
- Adhere to all Health & Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Pro-actively support compliance with CQC and all other regulatory bodies
- Live by the company values, which are fundamental in shaping the way we behave and deliver for our patients and one another
- Take responsibility for your own personal and career development (i.e., mandatory learning and CPD)
- Actively participate and contribute to clinic team meetings
- Build strong and professional relationships with Colleagues
- Willingness to support other teams where possible
- Act with integrity, empathy and respect
- Liaise with Lab Technicians to ensure that necessary laboratory work is returned and ready for each session
- Effectively respond to patient feedback and resolve patient complaints in accordance with patient services procedures and policies
- Contribute to the management of the patient journey to ensure we are meeting the diverse needs of each of our patients and we are seen as the dental brand of choice in our niche
- Contribute to developing a robust proposition of services for our patients
- Be understanding and supportive with nervous patients
- Support patients before and following surgery, while they relax or recover in their individual suite
- Escort patients from their suit to the surgery, confirm the patient's medical history is up-to-date and communicate to the Clinician any change in medical history or problems that he/she has noted
- Maintain and promote patient confidentiality at all times
- Provide chair side support to the Clinician during treatment
- Support the patient and colleagues if there is an emergency
- On prescription from the Clinician take radiographs and apply topical anaesthetic
- Following appropriate training, assist in the treatment of patients who are under conscious sedation and carry out intra-oral photography
- Adhere to HTM-01-05, GDC and CQC standards, and all company policies and procedures to include H&S and De-contamination
- Adhere to GOOD PRACTICE Guidelines and 'housekeeping principles'
- Have an understanding of how clinic compliance is monitored and measured through the operational compliance tool -and participate in these checks
- Preserve strict confidentiality in dealing with patients in line with data protection guidelines
- Have an awareness of clinic business plans and clinic KPIs
- Undertake effective and efficient surgery management whilst assisting clinicians
- Monitor and maintain stocks within the clinic as necessary, informing the Business Manager/Lead Nurse and liaising with the clinicians over necessary orders
- Ensure effective risk and incident reporting in clinic
- Be committed to continuous improvement
- Promptly report equipment failures or breakages to the Lead Nurse/Business Manager
- Strive for Clinical excellence, patient safety and high standards of care
- Bring to the attention of the Lead Nurse and Business Manager any concerns about aspects of the clinic, its performance or the performance of others in the clinic
- Perform any other tasks as reasonably requested by the Business Manager
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KEY COMPETENCIES
- GDC Registered Dental Nurse
- Certification in Dental sedation (or be willing to train)
- Certification in Dental Radiography (or be willing to train)
- Current and up to date CPD record
- Experience of working in a patient focussed environment
- Good communication skills
- Time management and demonstrable organisational skills
- Proficient IT skills including all Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point